2 hours compressed into just over one minute.
The hive was about 5 feet across and 2 feet from top to bottom.
In a wall that was about 4″ wide on the inside.
I am up on a scaffold 6 feet in the air (a 8″ wide plank between 2 ladders)
Plus ladders on the outside of the building too.
The special bee vacuum I built (I copied the design, not my idea) worked just “barely-ok” for the first time out.
I need to make it a little less “leaky” and more suction power.
Some of the bees were just flying back out of the vacuum tube and laughing at me.
Overall it was a success, and I just put it on top of the grey hive box that now has all their comb in it.
Then I slid-open the bottom sheetmetal trap-door and now the bees can go down into their new (grey) hive-home.
These were very docile bees.
I did get some stingers in the leather gloves and at least 2 got through the leather to my fingers.
I hope they like their new home!